THE WONDERS OF THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST!
It is impossible for us to live victoriously in this world without understanding and operating in our rightful authority and dominion over the devil and his works. Therefore, I stress the need to fully understand redemption through the blood of Jesus Christ. According to scripture, the life is in the blood. For the life of the flesh is in the blood.
And I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls, for it is the blood that maketh atonement for the soul. Leviticus 17:11(KJV).
WHAT THE BLOOD OF JESUS DOES
There are so many benefits that the blood of Jesus offers mankind. Few amongst them are the following:
- Removal of sin – In the Old Testament we see types and shadows of the crucifixion. When the high priest went into the Holy of Holies on the Day of Atonement to offer sacrifices for his own sins and the sins of the people he had to do so with the blood of animals.
Their sins and the sins of the people were not washed away, they were merely covered. It was not a finished work. The book of Hebrews teaches us that when Jesus finished the work of sacrifice, he put an end to continual sacrifices. Death was swallowed up in life. So, whosoever that comes to Jesus and confess his sins, forsake them and plead the blood of Jesus will receive forgiveness. Hebrew 9:22 says, and almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
- Sign of Protection – We must learn today how to “use” the blood of Jesus for our protection. Just as we learned that we have been given the name of Jesus and must use it. Having a thing does no one any good at all unless he knows how to appropriate it and use it. “…. And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt” Exodus 12:12-13.
- Gives us Victory – Revelation 12:1 says. “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto death”. Jesus as light is the only thing that can conquer or overcome darkness, so life (which is in the blood: Leviticus 17:11) is the only thing that can conquer or overcome devil and death.
- Paid the debt owned by our ancestors – our fore fathers erected strange altars in pursuit of their comfort without considering the consequences of such altars. They served strange gods and sacrificed to idols. Their sacrifices on such devilish altars have become voices that challenge us at the point of success. The altars were the places of worship where covenants were made and sealed with the blood from the sacrifices. By so doing they incurred debt for the unborn generations. A lot of the troubles we face in life did not start with us; they are continuation of what had been in existence before us. Those strange gods are asking us to pay for what we did not owe. The good news is this. God purchased us back with the precious blood of Jesus Christ from those strange powers, 1Peter 1:19. Jesus paid the debt He did not owe and we owed the debt we could not pay. Thank God for the precious blood of Christ. What a priceless treasure it is!
- Speaks better things to our lives, Jesus’ blood is on the heavenly mercy seat, and it has a voice; it is crying out for mercy for God’s children. We see that Abel’s blood has a voice. It was crying out for justice, for vengeance. Jesus’ blood now on the mercy seat in heaven is crying out “MERCY! MERCY!” for all those who believe in him. Hebrews 12:24 says “And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel”. If Satan had known what he was doing when he crucified the Lord of glory, he would have never done it. He thought the crucifixion was his greatest victory, but it was actually his ultimate defeat. No Wonder he is afraid of the blood. If he had known what he was doing, he would never have shed that innocent blood. But it was done “once and for all”. And, we overcame by the blood of the lamb (Jesus).
Start applying the blood of Jesus to your hang-ups, your bondages, those things that you just cannot seem to conquer. Don’t use your energy trying to conquer, use the blood of Jesus in worship, praise, thanksgiving and fellowship. Jesus is the conquering hero, not you and I.