MESSAGE: THE HOLY SPIRIT. TEXT: John 14:15, Act 1:8, 2:1-4.
We need the Holy Spirit just as Apostle Paul did… He saw Christ as the Sum and substance of life.
HOW DOES THE SPIRIT OF GOD WORK IN YOU TO UNDERSTAND WHO CHRIST IS?
- Let the Spirit of God be your passion.
- To know Him was Paul aspiration. Let your burning to know Jesus be your Highest aspiration.
- You have to see your suffering for Jesus as a privilege.
- Let your chief desire for anyone who has owned up his life to follow Jesus be HUMILITY.
TRUTH ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT.
- He is a unique person.
- He is not a power or influence but He is God.
- The Holy Spirit is spoken of as He.
- The Holy Spirit can be grieved. Eph 4:30.
- The Holy Spirit can be quenched in terms of exercising His WILL. 1 Thess 5:19.
- The Holy Spirit may be resisted. Act 7:51.
- The Holy Spirit is One with both the Father and the Son. John 14:16, 16:7.
- The Holy Spirit is the Agent of creation. Gen 1: 1-2.
- The Holy Spirit is the Author of the Scripture. 2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21,Jeremiah 1:9 .
- The Holy Spirit is also the agent of creation of God’s new creation. John 3:5.
- The Holy Spirit is the driving force of a Christian.
- Anything of eternal value in this life and in eternity to come, comes through the Holy Spirit in our life.
- The Holy Spirit is to comfort and help us as His children to follow and serve Jesus Christ. We ask from the Holy Spirit. Luke 11:9-13.